- Tommy Dreamer announced on his Facebook and Twitter accounts that he will co-host the upcoming DVD and Blu ray title, ECW Unreleased Volume 2, along with Joey Styles. The collection hits stores July 30th.
- Mike Mooneyham tells the story of Lars Anderson, who helped pave the way for the “Minnesota Wrecking Crew.”
- Arda Ocal reviews his friend and Aftermath co-host Jimmy Korderas’ new book, The Three Count: My Life in Stripes as a WWE Referee.
- The Houston Texans cheerleaders can be found on YouTube “Fandangoing.”
Saturday morning links from around the world wide wrestling web:
- WWEDVDNews.com has the cover art for WWE’s Top 25 Rivalries in Wrestling History Blu ray and DVD set, coming out May 28th.
- Another Q&A from Arda Ocal at Ring Posts, this time with “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan.
- The Wrestling Chronicle recaps last night’s Smackdown broadcast.
- The Wrestling Blog with some Instant Feedback on the return of People Power on last night’s show.
- CoworkerJim has some early WrestleMania XXIX predictions at Getting Over. I should have my own thoughts on the show up late next week.
Some links from around the wrestling blogosphere, while you watch Impact Wrestling and the NCAA Tournament tonight:
- Arda Ocal of the Baltimore Sun blog Ring Posts did a Q&A with Kevin Nash, who will be wrestling in the Baltimore area this weekend.
- With the changes announced to TNA’s X Division, 4 Corners Radio has some suggestions of wrestlers the company should take a look at for the division.
- Brandon Stroud has this week’s Best and Worst of Monday Night Raw at With Leather.
- Speaking of With Leather, the Bad Wrestling Theme Lyrics March Madness tournament is in Round Three.
- CoworkerJim with this week’s pro wrestling Power Rankings.
A few links from around the web on this Wednesday afternoon:
- Kotaku has put together a list detailing the Evolution of Crazy Japanese Wrestling Games. It’s an interesting visual breakdown, although they somehow left Fire Pro Wrestling off the list.
- According to Cageside Seats, Bully Ray is justifiably in hot water with TNA management after his recent house show rant to a fan, which included homophobic slurs.
- Arda Ocal weighs in with his thoughts on Monday’s episode of Raw at the Baltimore Sun Ring Posts blog.
- The Camel Clutch Blog has a list of the Top Ten WrestleMania celebrities.
Your Tuesday afternoon wrestling linkage:
- Author Kevin Sullivan weighs in with his Weekly Top Five from last night’s Raw, giving Paul Heyman the number one spot.
- Arda Ocal of The Score gives his thoughts on Raw at the Baltimore Sun‘s Ring Posts blog.
- Of course, don’t forget to check out my recap of the show.
- WWEDVDNews has some exclusive photos of the upcoming Best of Nitro collection.
And some Royal Rumble related reading:
- Our friends at TnF Wrestling recap the pay-per-view.
- The aforementioned Arda Ocal has some thoughts and interviews from the Royal Rumble fanfest.
Some links of interest from around the wrestling interwebs:
- In great news, Norm Sousa announced today that he and Archi Zuber, formerly of the Aftermath Daily Dose have made their triumphant return to podcasting with The Cool Dudes Wrestling Podcast. It’s available now on iTunes and Podbean. These guys are seriously great to listen to and they’ve also shouted me out a few times, so go check them out if you’re unfamiliar.
- The always entertaining Brandon Stroud with his usual Raw review and thoughts at With Leather.
- Arda Ocal has his five prop bet predictions for the Royal Rumble match at the Baltimore Sun.
- Some 90s gimmicks that would be fun to see again, from The Wrestling Blog.
A few notes from around the web on this Sunday afternoon:
- JBL apologized to the Dudley’s and “all you Twitter police so you can get out of Momma’s basement and enjoy the weekend.” Good one, JBL. The apology comes after he “criticized” the singles careers of the Dudley’s, along with the Hart Foundation and other tag teams. Really the whole thing was a non-issue. |Gerweck.net|
- The Best and Worst of TNA Impact Wrestling 1/17/13 Extreme Championship Wedding |With Leather|
- Goldust recently spoke to Arda Ocal about his brother Cody, the evolution of the Goldust character, and more. |Ring Posts|
- Brandon Stroud of With Leather and, more specifically, the Best and Worst of Raw column has today’s must click link of the day: A slew of vintage WWF Royal Rumble promos.
- Speaking of With Leather, Danielle Matheson has the Best and Worst of last night’s TNA Impact Wrestling program.
- The Wrestling Blog has some instant feedback on last night’s TNA Impact Wrestling, including thoughts on the reveal of Mike Knox as one of the masked men in Aces & Eights.
- Kayfabe Kickout explains why Shawn Michaels should be in an upper management role with the WWE.
- Don’t forget to check out the full content listing for WWE’s upcoming release, The Best of WCW Monday Nitro Volume 2 at WWEDVDNews.
- In case you haven’t checked it out in a while, the Where’s Randy Savage? Tumblr blog still has some great stuff going.
WWE delivered a pretty solid TLC pay-per-view, even after having to call a late audible to get a new main event. That new main event may have been the match of the year. Here are some thoughts on the pay-per-view and other wrestling topics from around the web:
- Arda Ocal reviews TLC, praising it as many have done for featuring such good wrestling, and for also being booked well. |Ring Posts|
- And here’s a more extensive breakdown of the show. |Wrestling Rambles|
- Seth Guttenplan predicts the winners of the 2012 Slammy Awards, in advance of tonight’s Raw. |GuTTWrenchPowerBlog.com|
- The Wrestling Blogger reviews his nominees for Wrestler of the Year. |The Wrestling Blog|
A few quick links on this Memorial Day.
- In his most recent blog entry, Jim Ross weighs in on topics such as Randy Savage, WWE Classics, UFC, Chris Jericho and, of course, his BBQ sauce. Ross is always a good read.
- Kevin Eck at Ring Posts has his thoughts on this Friday’s episode of Smackdown.
- The UK Sun has an interview with Chris Jericho in which he discusses his endeavors outside of WWE as well as his dedication to the company.